Today I decided to make a raw sesame cabbage salad! It’s a spin off Mimi Kirk’s Cool Cool Cabbage Salad. With it being the holidays, I have been everywhere but home, thus cooking or eating raw hasn’t been as easy.😁 So, I’m back at it! This salad is full of antioxidants that fight cancer and heart disease.
-1.5 Cups Asian (or green head) Cabbage shredded
-1.5 Cups Red Cabbage shredded
– 2 Scallions, chopped
– 3 Brussels sprouts, thinly chopped
– 1 large carrot, shredded (optional)
– 1/4 Cup Raisin
– 1 Small Avocado
– 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, soaked for 5 minutes then chopped
– 2 Medium Tomatos
– 1 Tbsp. Raw Sesame Seeds
– 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
– 1 Tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
– 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
– 1 tsp. Bragg’s, Coconut Amino’s, Tamari, or Nama Shoyu
– 1 Heaping Tbsp. Raw Tahini (1 Tbsp raw sesame seeds 2 Tbsp water)
– 1 tsp. Agave
– 1/2 tsp or more fresh Ginger finely chopped
– Pinch Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Mix all salad ingredients together in a large bowl, except avocado, tomato, cashews, and sesame seeds.
Blend all ingredients in blender if you’re using sesame seeds for the Tahini. Otherwise, whisk all ingredients together.
Mix dressing into salad for desired taste. Place salad in refrigerator to allow salad to absorb dressing. When ready add avocado, tomato, cashews, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!